Very old, rare Ludwig Moser done 11 and 1/2 inch tall, 6 inch middle bulge out, to a 3 inch gold gilded bottom and Top. One picture bottom shows where pontil was, top/mouth gold gilded as well. Lots of flowers, leaves, vines all done by hand. Done in late 1880’s believed to be 1 of 1. No one is sure of what it actually is, could be a really nice Beer Stein, Grog goblet! ? Must hold a quart and a half of liquid, so it was decided a Royal, rich persons Wedding Stein! Sometimes refered to as a “TANKARD, or Pitcher”. Must have cost a fortune as most of our MOSER pieces do. Incredible enameling, perfect condition. We have never even seen one in any museums, Met, Phx, LACMOA, PRAGUE, BRUSSEL’s, German Glass Museum, etc. Again, we have had this piece for almost 30-35 years, which is another of the many Moser’s we have decided to part with. The item “MOSER Topaz Glass Ribbed Tankard Enamel & Gold witha Cobalt Blue Handle” is in sale since Thursday, May 25, 2017. This item is in the category “Pottery & Glass\Glass\Art Glass\Bohemian/Czech\Moser”. The seller is “zonalrick” and is located in Chandler, Arizona. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Style: Art Nouveau Beauty
- Original/Reproduction: Antique Original (1 in MOSER Museum!)
- Features: Very rare piece, may be custom 1 of!!
- Object Type: Large Tankard Or Pitcher
- Color: Light Amber Ribbed & Enameled
- Glassmaking Technique: Hand Blown & Enameled
- Type of Glass: Blown & Hand Enameled
- Subject/Theme: Flowers and a Cobalt Handle
- Brand: Moser Old 1890’s